Getting Ready for Kindergarten
A MESSAGE FOR PARENTS
K Kindle excitement about kindergarten. Visit your school and meet your child’s teacher.
I Invite new school friends home to play and help your child build strong friendships.
N Never forget safety. Teach your child safety rules – whether walking or taking the bus.
D Discuss what your child will be learning in school – colors, numbers, shapes and letters.
E Explore your neighborhood together. Talk about the world you live in.
R Review the good behavior expected of your child, such as following rules and taking turns.
G Get involved at your child’s school. Join the PTO. Volunteer in the classroom.
A Answer your child’s questions about school. Reassure your child that school is fun.
R Read to your child daily. Visit the library together.
T Turn every day into a learning experience. Let your child help with everyday chores.
E Encourage your child to eat well, get enough sleep, bathe daily and brush teeth 2X a day.
N Notice the new things your child is learning to do. Reinforce your child’s progress with praise.
- Cutting with Scissors Practice
- Eye Exams
- Holding a Pencil Correctly
- I'm Getting Ready for Kindergarten flyer
- Immunization Requirements
- Lamers Bus Information
- Literacy Development At Home
- Reading with Your Child At Home
- Words All Around Us (Environmental Print)
- Zaner-Bloser Alphabet (practice writing letters)